Friday, June 5, 2009

Last Day of school - part 2

So my "surprise" to the boys was having Owen jump out and dump water on them, while I took pictures! haha I though it would be a funny kick off to summer joke. However, I didn't realize that Brayden was NOT in a good mood. He was upset about it being the last day and was a little sad. So after he was splashed-he ran inside and layed on his bed crying. :(
Alex however thought it was funny and even posed for pictures-letting Owen splash him.

Owen just starting to splash Brayden...


After the splash and before he stormed inside the house, slamming the door...



Alex letting Owen splash him...



THEN the other "surprise"...



Notice anything missing?


After all my threatening, I finally followed through and picked up ALL their toys into garbage bags. They can't have them back until they sort through the bags themselves. Their room looked like a tornado had gone through it before I confiscated everything! lol

Other fun pix - from yesterday at the park:



And a video of Alex playing with Gabriel today, haha.

3 comments:

Family Circus 6 said...

I've done the garbage bag method before...it works for awhile...then needs to be readministered ;)

Michelle said...

Good for you Beth. And yes you will need to do it again. But life does not stop and neither will the boys. Stay on top of it, good job!

Unknown said...

When I was in fourth grade my mom did that to me, but the next day I went to the hospital and stayed for four days and almost had my appendix out. My parents felt bad for me so I got all my stuff back. I don't remember if I learned my lesson or not. :)