Monday, March 9, 2009

Mission baby fat: Week one!

I'm trying to stay motivated this time! I can do it! I will do it!

I'd like to ideally lose 20 lbs in the next three months. It should be possible. I lost 15 lbs in two months before I got pregnant with Gabriel, and that was just from eating better - no exercising.

Eating right is hard for me, but not nearly as hard as exercising it. I'd rather scrub toilets all day then exercise. haha

I'm hoping however that the Wii Fit will make exercise more fun. I did 15 min on the Wii Fit (that I got back in August and have only used once before today!) and it was indeed fun. I liked that I could do a combo of aerobics, strength training, balance, and yoga. The Wii Fit also keeps track of your progress - weight loss, BMI, and how often/much you've been working out. It will keep you honest! haha

Additionally I took the kids and dog out for a walk. I strapped the baby to me in my sling, he was nice and cozy...sweating even. Then I pushed baby Billy in an umbrella stroller, while Owen helped take turns pushing. However the walk, which was just around the block and back, took nearly an hour because of the dang dog. Uggh!
She's a year old and just stays in our yard or house, so she has a lot of energy...just ask anyone who comes to visit. haha She's not mean or vicious at all but she can jump clear off the ground and lick your face - WHILE jumping. She also gets SOOOO excited about other dogs that she so rarely sees, that when she sees one she goes crazy jumping and yipping.
I need to walk her every day to help get that energy out AND get her used to other dogs she'll come into contact with. However today was HARD. I have a blister on my hand just from holding the leash. I followed the Cesar Milan Dog Whisperer technique, and didn't let her get ahead of me or pull the leash - but it took her TONS of corrections to figure out not to pull on the leash. My hands took a beating.
And we didn't even come across another other dogs except once..and we didn't even get to the house yet when she heard the other dog barking and she started going crazy again. Jumping four feet off the ground while on the leash still. There was no way I could handle her going past that house and the stroller, with the baby strapped to me.
SO we turned around and headed back home the way we came. By the end of the walk she was a lot better and not pulling on the leash...but there were no dogs.

I think it's a work in progress with her, just have to keep trying. I keep trying to talk Billy into another dog, an older calm and well mannered dog to help teach her...but I'm not sure that would help with her dog excitement issues? hmmm

At least it was a workout though and I was working up a sweat trying to just walk the dog. haha

Here's to the next 12 weeks and hopefully I can stay motivated and keep up with it!

No comments: