Thursday, December 25, 2008

Santa came! ...Christmas 2008


Well Santa came, the kids are happy and full of sugar and excitement. It still hasn't quite worn off yet and it's now early evening, Christmas Day.

I have tons of pictures to share and not much to add other then just comments on the photos! It's been a long couple days and I'm too tired to type much more then just photo comments.

OH yeah and of course...those waiting/wanting to see my big Christmas gift - my surprise nursery that revealed the gender of baby #5...well just wait until the end to see. ;) haha
Baby Billy - first one up the stairs. It was 5:30am and he had a rough night. He's got a new cold in his eyes and nose, and so he looks pretty miserable and tired here.

Daddy showing baby Billy his Santa gifts...trying to get him into the spirit!

Owen was next up the stairs...being goofy as usual even in the wee hours of the morning. Here he's giving us the "stink eye" as Billy like to call that face. haha

Brayden is next...I cropped the picture because he likes to sleep in his undies. haha I think the camera and all the people watching him really made him shy because he never looked at the piano until a few minutes after he got up the stairs! I don't know if he didn't notice it or he was too shy to make a show about it. haha He LOVES it though and after watching me play "Mary Had a Little Lamb" he started to practice and play it all on his own. Then Auntie showed him how to play the chorus of "The First Noel" and he practiced that for hours and plays it fairly well already!

Owen playing with his Santa gift, a Handy Manny transforming truck.


Alex very happy with his Santa gift, a guitar! He's already tried a few "lessons" on his DVD that came with it. He seems to really like it!

Baby Billy likes the piano too. We can't keep him off of it!

Brayden trying out his new bike, which was an optional Santa present if we couldn't find the piano, but since we did - then the bike became and under the tree gift from mom and dad. We didn't want to wrap it though, so Billy wrapped a letter that said to look outside of the front door...and there was the bike!

Owen opening a present - he seems...shocked, excited, appalled?

Oh! It's the Star Wars clone trooper helmet he wanted so badly!!

Baby Billy's own piano! It even comes with a microphone. Here Auntie is showing him how to sing! ;)


OKAY It's NURSERY PHOTO TIME!!!!!!!!!!

A super special thanks to Billy for helping get all of this together, and especially to my mom and sister who spent all day painting these awesome murals. I definitely did not get any of my mom's artistic talents! Thanks mom!!!!! (and Candace!)
OH and I'm supposed to add that the room isn't entirely done. The big mural of the watering hole, the lion isn't quite done. And there is a framed print of one of my favorite photos/paintings that is still in the mail...it's the "First Kiss" of the mom giraffe kissing her new baby on the head. I love that painting. :) I'll take a picture when we get it!

Wall one:

The new crib:

The dresser by the crib, and displaying the framed ultrasound photos....can you see the gender yet? Keep looking...

A mural on another wall:

A close-up of the tiger mural:

And finally....a close-up of the gender revealing ultrasound...


Can you tell what it is? It's circled and written on there, but it's also been folded up in Billy's pocket for a month now so it's pretty creased and wrinkled. haha It's pretty obvious though...no doubting those BOY parts!
Yep so it's BOY number FIVE for us! I suspected it all along, mostly just because that's what we're seem to meant to have. I'm happy, I know boys...girls are the unknown for me! Although the thought of five teenage boys is pretty scary....

So that's that! Just a few more weeks to go to meet him! YAY!

8 comments:

Cassandra said...

Hi, I just wanted to say that i love your blog and your nursery! what an awesome job, congratulations on boy number 5 too! i also have 5 boys (but i have 1 girl too and by some amazing miracle i am pregnant again with a girl) but i wanted to add that i love my 5 boys and would have been just as happy if this one was a boy too :-)
I hope you dont mind if i add you to my blogroll ;-)
Take care and Merry Christmas
Cassandra

Amy said...

Congrats on the boy! I LOVE the nursery!! The murals are spectacular! It looks like you had an awesome Christmas.

From the name I think I can make out on your ultrasound pic I have family in your neck of the woods!!

Family Circus 6 said...

What a great nursery and congrats! Every baby brings such a great change to a family! =)
What a great piano too! Great pull off!

Mama Bear said...

Congrats on the little guy in the coming weeks! You guys look like you had a wonderful Christmas. The nursery is amazing!

Kim said...

Awww, Congrats! The nursery looks awesome!

Melanie said...

Congrats! Very cute nursery!

The Risdons said...

The room is so cute. Can't wait until he gets here. And all the pictures of the boys are darling!

CrazyMom said...

Congrats! I knew I was getting a boy-vibe on the way down.. lol

Glad you had an awesome Christmas. :)