Monday, February 4, 2008

...Then comes FIVE?!


Okay so it's not that much of a surprise, as we were trying...yes actually trying, for another baby. However we did not think that it would happen the first try! With our other children it seemed to take a bit longer.

Regardless, we are very happy and excited to be expecting again. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the comments. *sigh* The comments. I suppose you could say I should expect it by now and be used to it...but it still gets on my nerves!
How many times can I hear "don't you know what causes that?" before I'm "used to it". It never gets old...it's just as annoying as the first time I heard it. Very original that one is. Or...the stories of other families someone knows of who kept trying and trying to have a girl but ended up with 6 or 7 boys before they finally had a girl.

I'm saying this one more time for the last time....we were NOT trying to "just have a girl". We actually wanted...yes actually wanted...a large family. Five boys would be just dandy. How many people can say they have five boys, no girls? Not many! Yes some can, but it's a special and rare thing to hear of someone who has only boys and FIVE of them.

Oh I could go on and on about the comments I get tired of, but I'll spare you for now.

You know, I often ignore and try to forget all of those kind of comments but ONE particular comment always will stick out in my mind. A GOOD comment. Once a woman looked at me and all my boys and I was bracing myself for the comment...instead she said, "All boys?" , "Yep!" I replied. Then she said, "Oh you are so lucky! Boys are so much fun!". "Yes they are!" I replied with a thank you.

It's those kind of comments I'd like to receive in an ideal world. I would never go up to someone with one or two children and say "wow you should have more, you don't know what you're missing". The mere thought of that is just silly! So why should people feel they can come up to ME and say things such as "you sure have your hands full!" or "better you then me" or "you must be crazy!" and my favorite "dont you know what causes that?".

Well enough of that, on to the the more important details.

Number five is due October 9th, 2008 but with my history I probably won't have him/her until a week later. Three out of four children now have been a couple days to a week late!

We also are not finding out what gender we are having until the baby is born. Some may think I will not be able to stick to that, but I'm set in my ways. We'll see when it gets closer to that ultrasound appointment, but I told Billy that I want to NOT find out and he's supposed to help me not to give in. As of right now, not even an tiny bit of me wants to find out early...I'm SET on not finding out.

My first appointment, which usually involves an ultrasound to check the size of the baby and see the heartbeat is March 4th. Check back then to see baby punkin's first picture!

So far I feel pretty good. I do tire more easily and by 7-8pm I'm ready for bed...when previously my bedtime was 11pm or later. I also am very thirsty all the time and hungry hungry hungry! Not feeling sick so much yet, but I'm only just almost 5 weeks along. I'm sure in another 2 weeks it will set in. fun!

Until next time......

1 comment:

Kim said...

Congratulations! I think it is great that you want a large family. I know what you mean about people with their unwanted comments...I don't know if they think they're being funny, or just don't know when to keep their mouths shut. Either way, it doesn't matter as long as you and yours are happy.
It is obvious that boy or girl, this baby will be happy and loved, and that is all that counts.
I didn't find out the sex of either of my girls before they were born (although I was dying to know...my husband was stubborn and wouldn't let me) and it was so rewarding at the end, when the doctor announced "it's a girl".
I'm going to stop now, because this is probably the longest comment in the history of blog comments :P
Again, congrats :)