Monday, October 12, 2009

Not a happy monster...

I went to Goodwill today to see what kind of Halloween outfits I could put together for the boys. We're tired of spending $15+ on each boy every Halloween at Walmart or Target or whatever...we have too many kids for that. haha So last year I went to Goodwill and had each kid put together their own oufit for cheap.
It was great, they had fun, and we saved a ton of money.

This year I wanted to do it again, but we couldn't find the time for us all to go out together and look at costumes. SO...I thought I knew what the boys liked enough that I'd go out myself and find some costumes while the boys were in school.

I came back with what I thought was perfect for each boy...Alex is going to be a GI Joe or soldier, Brayden a "spider king" or spider wizard or something like that (dont ask! haha), and Owen a cute silly monster.

Alex seemed to like his, although I'm not done buying his outfit and still need a couple things. Brayden wanted to be something else but really warmed up to the spider wizard outfit and likes it now. However when Owen saw his....he fell apart.

He tried it on, and then cried and pouted and said he HATED IT! Billy and I couldn't stop from laughing. It was very reminiscent of the scene in the Christmas Story when the boy is made to put on the bunny outfit his grandma (or was it his aunt?) made him. LOL

So I HAD to take pictures....am I crazy, or was I right to think this silly monster outfit was super cute? Too bad Owen didn't think so...


3 comments:

Jenn said...

That is SOOO funny.

CONVERTGIRL said...

i have a nephew who is that way, if he has to wear something(regular clothes, jammies, costume, whatever) he is devastated.too funny.

Anonymous said...

poor Owen