Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Soccer, Sickness, and Home Remodel Updates

Wow I'm sure glad soccer season is almost over!

Brayden had his last game last week. I of course forgot the camera to take pictures at his trophy party though. aaack! I plan to take a picture of him with his trophy later this week though.

Alex had the "Apple Cup" soccer tournament this weekend and they did very well! No losses, just one tie. He got a blue ribbon medal. I'm not sure if that means they placed first in their age division or if all teams got one?
His last game is today (Tuesday) and his trophy party is tonight. I'll have both Alex and Brayden pose with their trophies and medals for my next blog entry.

The floors are also coming along. Yay! Billy now has the dining room done. All that is left is the two bedrooms, the master bedroom (which is the boys' bedroom) and the guest room/office. With as much as he's been getting done, I think he can get one room done a weekend. So just a couple more weeks until we're done!
My front porch is taken over with a saw, carpet, and lots of boxes of flooring right now so we can't even use our front door! I'll be happy when that mess is all cleaned up too!
Now I've just been getting used to cleaning wood floors. Boy does it get messy fast! I think it doesn't help that I don't have a good sweeping system in place yet. My little old broom doesn't work so well. I'm thinking I need an electronic sweeper for quick crumb messes that pop up everywhere. :)

We're also all getting over some kind of bug. Billy and Owen haven't got sick yet. Which is odd because Billy always gets whatever is going around, and usually worse then the others!
So far in the children, Brayden and Billy Jr, it manifests as fevers...for five days. Uggh Not really any other symptoms except maybe some cold-like symptoms such as runny nose/cough although Brayden just had the fevers and was achy and miserable looking. He missed four days of school. uggh Baby Billy is just now over his five days of fevers but has a horrid runny goobery nose right now. Just thought I'd share that. haha Alex is starting to get it now too! He's looking pretty miserable and had a low grade fever of 100.8 last night while he was sleeping. His temperature during the day is in the low 99's....so not officially a fever, but a little high? Unless that's his normal body temp? I hope he doesn't get sick! He has a lot going on! His trophy party being tonight, and on Thursday he has his first day of German language club that he was so excited to sign up for!
As for me, I didn't get the fevers thankfully (fevers in pregnancy is not a good thing), however I got a horrid cough that I think almost turned into something like bronchitis. It was horrible. I think I had a sinus infection at first, the pain in my face was awful but then it went away and my cough went almost away. Almost two weeks later though it was back, the cough, with a vengeance. uggh I'm just now starting to get over my cough again. Here's to hoping it doesn't come back again in another week!

So that's about all that's been going on here lately! I hope things start getting back to "normal" once these colds go away, and soccer season ends, and the floors are done. Yay!

I can't believe it's halfway through October already...where has the time gone?!

~Bethany

No comments: