Friday, August 28, 2009

Fair Fun


Friday was free kids day at a local fair. In my mind I'm thinking...$8 for me, free for the kids, a small amount of gas to get there - good deal! However of course I had to get the boys some of the famous pronto pups (big hand dipped corndogs) and huckleberry lemonade. Still...about $14-ish dollars later that's not THAT bad of a deal!

The boys had fun and that's all that mattered. :)

I think the biggest hit was the free petting zoo with all the baby animals - pigs, cows, chicks, rabbits, puppies and kitties. :)

Okay I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves:

Alex had fun playing with the older chicks. They would all chase his finger from side to side.



Owen loved the bunnies:

A couple of the baby pigs to pet:



The big momma pig and her new "litter" (what do you call a bunch of baby pigs?) of piggies:


Sweet sleeping babies:


Baby chick up close:


Calf sleeping - is that a heart shaped spot on his head?

Mr. Tom Turkey


Owen was petting the pigs wet noses:


This pig LOVED being scratched behind his/her ear:


The boys all petting a friendly sheep:


This dog looked SO bored with her "fame" haha And then she barked after I took this picture!

2 comments:

Family Circus 6 said...

Looks sooo fun! I didn't even realize the actually had a free day till you called! I wish we could have gone! Bummer!

Unknown said...

"Alex had fun playing with the older chicks." I can't wait until he starts dating and this same phrase is followed by quite different stories :) just had to say it...