Thursday, December 3, 2009

All I want for Christmas....

I just have to brag about my sweet little boys for a moment...

The boys really haven't told me much of what they want this year, except for a few ideas they've casually tossed out. However in the past it seems they've had this one special toy that they couldn't stop talking about and really really wanted.

I'm at a loss for what to get them, although I have a few ideas, and so I asked each of the boys individually what they were really looking forward to this Christmas. I asked them when they think about Christmas, what are they really excited about, or what do they really really want.

I asked Owen first and after a long time of thinking he just said, "I just want my family."

I asked Brayden next, and he said "a hamster!" after two seconds of thinking.

Then I asked Alex later when he got home from school and he thought for a long time too and then said, "I just want to be together with my family".

What sweet boys I have! :)

On a sad note, I've gotten a lot of bad news just within the last week about friends and family. So all I want for Christmas this year is healing and comfort for those who need it.

2 comments:

Family Circus 6 said...

Beth-
Sorry about the sad news lately! I hope it's nothing too serious and all is on the up and up soon!
Those are very sweet requests...I love it when kids have those few and far between sweet moments ;)
(at least few and far between in this house...)haha!
BTW, as far as the kids go...I'll only need you to watch them on thursdays...Ethan from 12:30-3:30 and Danissa from 2:45-3:30 =) Does that still work for you?
Thanks so much!!!

Unknown said...

I'm proud of your boys too. They'll make great missionaries someday :)