Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Busier Than a Bee

Busy bee - that's me!

I find that I thrive with challenge. I love a good challenge - I feel like it keeps me on my toes.  Very few things in life have really felt like a challenge. Most things I've done have been fun, but not as difficult as I would have imagined or challenged me much.

There are a couple exceptions to that rule....

1) Parenting.
Parenting is, by far, the hardest thing I've ever done..the most challenging, but also the most rewarding of course. I know that sounds like a total cliche, but it's so true!  If anything makes me doubt myself, my abilities, and want to try harder and harder - it's parenting. Parenting five boys, parenting a bunch of kids, and parenting difficult children are daily (no, hourly) challenges.

2) Working + College + Training + Homeschooling + Parenting
My newest challenge I have taken on may be my second most difficult challenge I've ever attempted!  If you thought going back to school as a mom of several kids was hard, think again. I'm feeling lately a bit like a juggler who keeps tossing on more and more balls. However, instead of feeling overwhelmed - I feel recharged, rejuvenated, and excited. As I said, I have discovered that challenge doesn't stress me out but rather peps me up.  OF course, I'm not going to put on a mask and pretend like things are all hunky dory...  There ARE times of stress. There are times of overwhelming feelings. There are times of doubt and "am I doing this right"?  However, those times are overshadowed by the good feelings, the happy moments, and the excitement of a good challenge.

So here's been my life, in a nutshell, the past month.
My husband and I decided that it was time for him to stay at home with the kids, while I worked. I wasn't quite done with my schooling, however, but I figured I could work while finishing school.
Then I made some changes in my education plan and added a second major, and a minor. This keeps my graduation ceremony date the same, but extends my classes out another quarter. No big deal, right?

And THEN I got the job. I was super ecstatic to hear of this job and actually be offered it! It would be a challenge, but as I said, I love challenges. I would be taking on a brand new preschool/kindergarten class within a Montessori school. I have a passion for education and I've loved teaching my own kids (homeschooling off and on the past few years). I also have tons of experience with 3-6 year old children of course. I also had familiarity with the Montessori method and my values and educational beliefs aligned perfectly with it.  Further, I was willing to go through training to become certified as a Montessori guide.

So now, where I'm at is that I have two quarters left of school (a school year, will be done June of next year) still full time (online). I am training to be certified as a Montessori teacher at the same time (online also), and I'm working in a new classroom. My free time is spent with my family, doing classes, training, and lesson planning or record keeping for my class. Whew! I love it! I just wish there were more then 24 hours in a day...(or that I could operate on less sleep).

I do look forward to when my classes and training are done, however. Being able to just focus on working and my family will be amazing! :)

SO..if you were wondering where I've been - that's we're I've been!

No comments: