Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Happy 6 months!


Baby Abigail is now six months old!!
That means she can start eating solid food....Yikes! I have experimented with some rice cereal with her already, and she does pretty well. I can't wait to see what she thinks about pear and carrots and peas though!

Abigail is still a tiny thing, however. She is finally grown out of 0-3 month clothes for the most part. She is still in some 3 month sized clothes and 3-6 month clothes. I've noticed the sizes vary widely on brand to brand. I put a 3-6 month onesie on her yesterday that I could barely snap! However, she still has 0-3 month outfits that fit as well.
This is a stark difference from my boys who were basically born wearing 0-3 and 3-6 month clothes and were grown out of them by 3 months old! My boys would have been in 6-9 month clothes by now, snugly. ;)

Abigail is also a bit behind on the milestones - however if you go by her due date, she should only be 4.5 months old. She has rolled both ways, but not on a regular basis. She's not even attempting to crawl yet and I have a feeling it will be months before she crawls. She likes to make sounds and baby talk, but not the typical 6 month old baby talk - more like 3-4 month old baby sounds still. She is also pretty wobbly still with her neck/back control. Although she is able to sit pretty well  now if I'm supporting her, and in her Bumbo seat.

At her 6 month well-baby check-up today she weighed in at a whopping 13 lbs and 8 oz, 23 1/4" long! Wohoo! She's actually ON the growth curve now - 8% for weight.

Everything else looks good. Yay!

No comments: